Nathan Thame: Project manager for our district, discussed master plans for construction at Prospect, check out the new improvements underway for Prospect: Prospect Improvement Summary and Map
Brett Johanson from Future Path Prep presented to our PTSA. He is a teacher from Branham and has started his own SAT prep company. He offers a course for $135 which includes his manual plus the official SAT prep book. Classes are capped at 36. Class time is 8 hours for reading/writing, 5 hours for math. Each section is taught by qualified teachers. PTSA plans to contract with Future Path in the spring to prepare for the May SAT date. Stay tuned for signups in January.
Couldn’t make the Nov. 14th meeting, but curious as to what else was discussed? Read our Prospect PTSA, November 14 – Meeting Notes!
Prospect PTSA Agenda for November 14th, General Meeting
6:30-7:15pm in the PHS staff room
- Approval of minutes
- Financial reports
- Report of the executive board – 3 minutes
- PTSA President will also give Parent Rep Report from District
- Principal report – 5 minutes
- Brett Johanson, Future Path SAT Prep will present his company’s SAT prep class we are planning for spring 2018. – 10 Minutes
- Reports of the committees
- Open House Recap– Joell & Cathie – 7 minutes
- Teacher Mini Grants (Thomas) – 3 minutes
- Parenting Your Teen (Anita&Cathie) – 3 minutes
- Homecoming Decorating Recap – Cristene – 3 minutes
- Career Center (C&CS Rep) – 3 minutes
- Grad Night Update – Janet Chance – 3 minutes
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
Parent Education Topic
7:30-8:30pm Teen Alcohol and Substance use and services at Prospect – Prospect Uplift Counseling Staff and Joell Hanson.
6:30-7:15pm PTSA Meeting, 7:30-8:30pm – Alcohol/Substance Use on Campus in our Staff Lounge (in the hallway to the left of the Main Office)
Come learn about what kind of alcohol/substance use our Administration and Counselors are seeing on campus, what Prospect’s levels of service are to help teens make better choices and get the help they need, and how you as a parent can spot signs of drinking and alcohol in your own child. Prospect Administration and Counselors will be providing this parent lecture and discussion.