SAT Prep Class – Starts Mid-September, 4 Sessions – 2 hours each
Taught by Mike Flynn of ∑ngenius Learning Centers of Cupertino, a well respected SAT/ACT instructor with over 20 years of experience and a previous high school English teacher. The course will cover the following:
- New and improved test-taking strategies required for the redesigned SAT
- How to deal with the quirky No Calculator Math Section
- Learn the tips and tricks to the Math section (calculator allowed). BEWARE: sometimes the calculator is not your friend!
- Grammar review for the 5 key elements the SAT always tests
- Effective reading strategies that make the SAT reading section much easier
- Learn to write an essay the SAT readers will love!
Mon and Wed – Sept 18th, 20th, 25th, and 27th from 7 pm to 9 pm PHS – Room 30A
7 – 9pm
ACT and SAT PRACTICE TESTS & Scores Back Night
Wondering whether you are better suited to the SAT or ACT test? Take a no pressure practice test on campus and have it graded and given back. This is a full length SAT minus the written section and a full length ACT exam. Taking a practice test helps a student understand their strengths and weaknesses ahead of time and learn which test better suits you. Included in this test is a Scores Back Night (see below) where your scores will be handed out and
SAT PRACTICE TEST
Sat, Aug 26, 9:45 AM – 2:00 PM – Prospect Room 2, test starts at 10am
ACT PRACTICE TEST
Sat, Sept. 2nd, 9:45 AM – 2:00 PM – Prospect Room 2, test starts at 10am
SCORES BACK NIGHT
Tuesday, Sept. 5th, 7-8pm, Prospect Room 30A
Cost: Free! No sign up required.
This is a free service for those who took the practice tests and for anyone interested in learning more about the ACT/SAT tests. Mike Flynn of ∑ngenius Learning Centers, will bring the scores back for both the ACT and SAT practice tests, help interpret them and answer questions about both tests and how to best prepare for the exams. You may also ask questions about the upcoming Study Skills and SAT Prep Course.