We at the PTSA are trying to help ASB pull of a AWESOME HOMECOMING EVENT!! We need a few chaperones, 2 trucks and drivers to pick up games from a church and deliver to Prospect and return them… a group of fun and active people to decorate and a few awesome hosts with a lot of hospitality to serve food to our kids at Homecoming this year!
Sign Up Here to Decorate and Help!
Students want to have FOOD, alot of FOOD at the Dance this year… We are asking for Donations from our parents to help make this happen! Food drop off to the Gym is 530pm Please see sign up for our kids requests! Thank you, PTSA Cristene 408-646-6765
Sign Up Here to Donate Food!
As of September 20th, we have 82 Family and 8 teacher and staff Memberships! Our goal is to have 150 total this year! If you haven’t joined yet, please do, we need your help to support our worthy Panthers! Join Now!
Membership supports our teachers, students and family programs. We have a membership level to suit every need and all donations of $75 or more will receive a free “Building the Pride” T-shirt.
Sept. 12th, Room 30A
Learn how high school works, meet the school staff, learn the best way to communicate with teachers, how to navigate the office, how to get involved and more! Get all your “how the heck does high school work questions” answered!
7:30-8:30 – Prospect Parent Orientation – New this year!
Come to one or both PTSA segments. We have broken them up so that you can come to what interests you.
Come meet your fellow PTSA members along with our booster clubs at Back to School night in the Prospect Gym. We will have a table to answer questions about the Prospect PTSA, hand out PTSA cards for those who have joined and to process new memberships. All who join at the Silver or higher level will receive a free “Build the Pride” Prospect PTSA shirt. If you have joined already come say hello and pick up your shirt!
Go Panthers! Let’s Build the Pride!
Screening of the movie: Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age will play after our PTSA meeting ((with Spanish subtitles))
May 10th, Prospect High School Performing Arts Center
- PTSA Meeting: 6:30-7:15pm
- Screenagers Movie Showing: 7:30-8:40pm
- All parents & students are welcome! FREE advance registration by May 9th (nominal donation to PTSA requested from walk-ins):
The movie is a great way to open the conversation on how our devices can enhance or overtake.
MORE ABOUT THE MOVIE: http://www.screenagersmovie.com/about/
Read this article: Does your family have the 4 key rules to help reduce screen time?
Read a study on the effects of cellphones and children’s sleep.
Screenagers review by Common Sense Media:
ABOUT THE FILMMAKER
Dr. Ruston decided to make Screenagers when she found herself constantly struggling with her own two kids about screen time. This is depicted along with many other stories in Screenagers. Dr. Ruston has won several awards for her work using films to create movements for social change and has been invited to give talks to all types of audiences around the world. Click here to see her full bio.
Interested in hearing about or have questions about the proposed new district math curriculum? Prospect’s PTSA is hosting an information session on our district’s proposed new math curriculum.
April 11, 2017 PTSA meeting & math curriculum presentation in ROOM 30:
6:30pm-7:15pm PTSA regular meeting
- Welcome and Introductions
- Secretary’s minutes (motion to approve minutes; second the motion; all those in favor; minutes are approved)
- Student Council’s Report
- Principal’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Membership Report
- Education awards
- Scholarship applications.
- Committee needs to read and vote on scholarships.
- How many scholarships and how much should we give
- Teacher appreciation luncheon preparation for Friday, May 12th – need help!
- International week – need to purchase gift cards for event – no request for gift cards
- Senior breakfast – need some parents of seniors to help – ask grad night committee.
- Screenagers Presentation after May PTSA meeting.
- Need to sign contract
- Invite CUHSD schools /middle school Home and School Clubs
- Next meeting, Tuesday, May 9, 2017 –
- Moved to May 10th? Is staff lounge available?
- Start Time? 6:30 to 7:15
- Movie: 7:30 to 8:40?
7:30pm-8:15pm Math Curriculum Presentation and Questions by CUHSD Director of Curriculum and Instruction Jivan Dhaliwal
The CUHSD board will vote on this on April 20th, please attend if interested!
Also find information about Math Curriculum at http://cpm.org/
Prospect High’s www.prospectptsa.org Parent Teacher Student Association – PTSA is hosting a PARENT Education Talk on
FREE with advance sign up by Sunday 3/19 (donation to PTSA at door for walk-ins)
College Information and Q & A Night
All parents welcome! Freshman to Seniors!
Monday, March 20th 7:00 – 9:00pm
Prospect High School – Room 30 (at front of school)
18900 Prospect Rd. Saratoga, CA 95070
Have questions on applying to college?
- What’s the “real scoop” on “good colleges”?
- · Hoping to engage your student in the college search process?
- · Interested in factors that determine best-fit colleges?
- · How do we breakdown the process so it’s not overwhelming?
- · Need tips to reduce stress and empower your student?
- · Have questions on when to test and how best to prepare?
- · Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Listening to other parents’ questions is one of the best ways to learn about the college admission process…
PTSA Parent Ed Talk Led by Marna Taylor & Celeste Radanovich of got college? LLC