Thursdays – Sept 14, 21, 28, & Oct. 5 at PHS – Room 30A, 7 – 8:30pm
Taught by Mike Flynn of Engenius Learning of Cupertino. The course will cover the following:
- Study Preparation
- Few people realize that a little bit of daily and weekly preparation in how you study makes studying for tests significantly easier.
- Study Session
- Whenever you sit down to study, have a plan. Follow your checklist, work on your highest priority items, and spend your time wisely.
- The Study Group
- Though some study groups may end up being fun, they tend to waste valuable time. Get some ground rules set up beforehand to make these sessions worthwhile.
- Think Higher & Deeper
- To really understand a subject, approach it as if you needed to teach a lesson to your class. You will do more than just skim the material if you know you might be asked questions.
- Study Guides
- Many teachers will hand out study guides before an exam. Unfortunately, the study guide may not be arranged they way you learn best. Take the skills you learned in Your Study Style module to make a study guide that syncs with the way you learn best.
- Review for Tests
- This is not simply rereading your notes. The best way to review for tests is to be an active learner.
- Test Prep/Mock Tests
- The secret to getting better grades on tests is to figure out what might be on your test beforehand. The students who routinely get A’s know the questions and answers before test day!
The course will move fast and cover the essentials.