Prospect High School PTSA sets aside a portion of its annual budget to fund teacher requests or “mini-grants” for purchase of classroom equipment or items needed to improve the educational environment for teachers and students. These funds help to supplement district and school-site funding. These “mini-grants” are for one-time funding annually. Additional funding for the same or similar requests need to be resubmitted for each calendar year. Requests are reviewed and voted on by PTSA board members, the school principal, and parents/students/teachers attending the meeting.
Please fill out the Teacher Mini-Grant Application and click on the “Email Form” button on top of the form no later then Friday, September 1st. Please note, if the “Email Form” button does not work then please save document/attach and send email to treasurer “at” prospectptsa.org
Deadline: Friday, September 7th, 2018
Teacher Mini-Grants awarded last year (2017-18):
- Art – Julie Coke: $114.01 for subscription price of the magazine used by Art 1-4 for 1 year
- Art – Brianne Dawson: $227.25 for several tools to be used for the 3D art class.
- English – Roberta Lynch: $250 for subscription to typing club and keyboard covers to teach typing.
- World Language – Winnie Tung: $230 for privacy shields, Pocket charts, answer buzzers and grouping cues to create questions and write essays.
- Performing Art – Kurt Meeker: $408.80 for better light quality/color for rehearsal and meeting and saving energy. The price is for one Osram Kreios flx90 light and the goal is to eventually get 12 over time.
- Math – Susan Peck: $500 for purchase of data collection devices that work with the classroom sets of Ti graphing calculators we purchased two years ago.
- Special Education – Marie-Julie Murray: $500 for small appliances to teach cooking life skills to handicapped students.
- Art/3D Design – Mark Fisher: $251 for a router which will be used for several projects including this year to build a ukulele project.