Based on early feedback from our community through our parent survey, the Prospect PTSA has coordinated a Practice SAT Test which will include a score report at the Scores Back/SAT Information Night and an SAT Bootcamp to prepare for SAT tests dates coming up in March and May.
SAT Full Practice Test (no essay) – Saturday, January 28th, 9am-12:30pm (arrive at 8:45am)
Scores Back/SAT Information Night – Thursday, February 2nd, 7-8pm
Location: Prospect High School – classroom TBA
Sign up here
This is an opportunity for students to take a practice test in a low stakes environment to get familiar with the SAT and have the opportunity to receive your scores back within a week. At the scores back night, students (and parents that want to attend) will receive their scores and information on what they mean and information on how they are scored and what students can do to better prepare for the real SAT.
SAT Bootcamp Course – Tuesdays & Thursdays, Feb 14th, 16th, 28th and March 2nd (no class during school break) 7-9pm
Location: Prospect High School – Room 30
Sign up here (scroll down for this sign up)
This is an opportunity for Prospect students to take prepare for the SAT test on campus at a lower cost than most SAT prep courses offered by private test prep providers. This course will cover the following:
- New and improved test-taking strategies required for the redesigned SAT
- How to deal with the quirky No Calculator Math Section
- Learn the tips and tricks to the Math section (calculator allowed). BEWARE: sometimes the calculator is not your friend!
- Grammar review for the 5 key elements the SAT always tests
- Effective reading strategies that make the SAT reading section much easier
- Learn to write an essay the SAT readers will love!
These programs are being provided by Mike Flynn, president and founder of ∑ngenius. His experience includes 4 Tutoring Club franchises (1993-2016), National College Prep Curriculum Developer for Tutoring Club for ACT, SAT, PSAT, Study Skils, and College Planning (2003 – 2016), a high school English teacher at Leland High School (1986-1992) and has high schoolers of his own at Willow Glen.