Prospect High School PTSA sets aside a portion of its annual budget to fund teacher requests or grants for purchase of classroom equipment or items needed to improve the educational environment for teachers and students. These funds help supplement district and school-site funding. Additional funding for the same or similar requests need to be resubmitted for each calendar year. Requests are reviewed and voted on by PTSA board members, the school principal, and parents/students/teachers attending the executive meeting. Applications for this year must be submitted by November 15, 2023, and will be distributed in December, 2023 prior to winter break.
Teacher Grants Awarded 2022-2023
- Anatomy class supplies for Joan Anthony
- 2D and 3D supplies for Art teacher, Elena Echever
- Biology materials for Selwyn Kumar
- A megabundle history program for special education students for Cathie Watson-Short
- Multiple copies of “Howl’s Moving Castle” books for Laine Elliot’s English classes.
- Glass tiles for art project for Avid teacher, Brianne Dawson
- French reading materials for Laurel Garceau’s classes
“Thank you and please convey my sincere gratitude to the full PTSA for being able to support teachers. The grant goes beyond just the monetary support. It’s yet another way for us to feel our work is worthy and trusted!” — Ms. Chu (math dept) 2021