Screening of the movie: Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age will play after our PTSA meeting ((with Spanish subtitles))
May 10th, Prospect High School Performing Arts Center
- PTSA Meeting: 6:30-7:15pm
- Screenagers Movie Showing: 7:30-8:40pm
- All parents & students are welcome! FREE advance registration by May 9th (nominal donation to PTSA requested from walk-ins):
The movie is a great way to open the conversation on how our devices can enhance or overtake.
MORE ABOUT THE MOVIE: https://www.screenagersmovie.com/about/
Read this article: Does your family have the 4 key rules to help reduce screen time?
Read a study on the effects of cellphones and children’s sleep.
Screenagers review by Common Sense Media:
ABOUT THE FILMMAKER
Dr. Ruston decided to make Screenagers when she found herself constantly struggling with her own two kids about screen time. This is depicted along with many other stories in Screenagers. Dr. Ruston has won several awards for her work using films to create movements for social change and has been invited to give talks to all types of audiences around the world. Click here to see her full bio.
Interested in hearing about or have questions about the proposed new district math curriculum? Prospect’s PTSA is hosting an information session on our district’s proposed new math curriculum.
April 11, 2017 PTSA meeting & math curriculum presentation in ROOM 30:
6:30pm-7:15pm PTSA regular meeting
- Welcome and Introductions
- Secretary’s minutes (motion to approve minutes; second the motion; all those in favor; minutes are approved)
- Student Council’s Report
- Principal’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Membership Report
- Education awards
- Scholarship applications.
- Committee needs to read and vote on scholarships.
- How many scholarships and how much should we give
- Teacher appreciation luncheon preparation for Friday, May 12th – need help!
- International week – need to purchase gift cards for event – no request for gift cards
- Senior breakfast – need some parents of seniors to help – ask grad night committee.
- Screenagers Presentation after May PTSA meeting.
- Need to sign contract
- Invite CUHSD schools /middle school Home and School Clubs
- Next meeting, Tuesday, May 9, 2017 –
- Moved to May 10th? Is staff lounge available?
- Start Time? 6:30 to 7:15
- Movie: 7:30 to 8:40?
7:30pm-8:15pm Math Curriculum Presentation and Questions by CUHSD Director of Curriculum and Instruction Jivan Dhaliwal
The CUHSD board will vote on this on April 20th, please attend if interested!
Also find information about Math Curriculum at https://cpm.org/
Prospect High’s www.prospectptsa.org Parent Teacher Student Association – PTSA is hosting a PARENT Education Talk on
FREE with advance sign up by Sunday 3/19 (donation to PTSA at door for walk-ins)
College Information and Q & A Night
All parents welcome! Freshman to Seniors!
Monday, March 20th 7:00 – 9:00pm
Prospect High School – Room 30 (at front of school)
18900 Prospect Rd. Saratoga, CA 95070
Have questions on applying to college?
- What’s the “real scoop” on “good colleges”?
- · Hoping to engage your student in the college search process?
- · Interested in factors that determine best-fit colleges?
- · How do we breakdown the process so it’s not overwhelming?
- · Need tips to reduce stress and empower your student?
- · Have questions on when to test and how best to prepare?
- · Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Listening to other parents’ questions is one of the best ways to learn about the college admission process…
PTSA Parent Ed Talk Led by Marna Taylor & Celeste Radanovich of got college? LLC
Practice ACT – Saturday – March 18th
This is a great way to take the ACT in a no pressure environment to get familiar with the ACT and to see which test your student is more suited to. Proctored by PTSA and scored by Mike Flynn of ∑ngenius Learning Centers. Scores returned within 7-10 days.
9am – 12:30pm
Study Skills Class – in March, 4 Sessions – 90 Minutes Each
Overview of Skills covered:
- How to Study
- Tackling Tests
- Writing Well
- Handling High School
Thursdays – March 9, 16, 23, 30
7pm – 8:30pm
Taught by Mike Flynn of ∑ngenius Learning Centers